Important Update on Stone Mountain Lodge Flood Recovery
Monday Night, September 23, 2013
Our goal is to provide important and accurate information regarding the recovery of Stone Mountain Lodge. After much chaos over the last several days, we are now in a position to be able to do so.
First, we want to be clear about our current situation:
- The Stone Mountain Lodge Property itself is completely intact and as beautiful as always.
- We cannot re-open until the external infrastructure supporting Stone Mountain Lodge is repaired. (See below)
Regarding our operations:
- We have successfully set up operations off site including our phone lines, e-mail and reservation system.
- Our staff at this point consists solely of our General Manager, and we appreciate your patience. (Our General Manager, Carrie Cajka, is such a huge asset to Stone Mountain Lodge and us personally. We are so lucky to have her!)
- We came up with a plan to refund money for 2013 events and lodging for those affected. These people will be contacted very soon individually.
- We have full confidence that 2014 will be a great year, and are booking events for 2014 and beyond.
Regarding the Property and support infrastructure:
- The Stone Mountain Lodge Property itself is completely intact and is as beautiful as always. We have special access to the property so that we can monitor progress in the area. And yes, the ducks are fine and we enjoy so much seeing them and feeding them!
- We have our own well and septic, so we are not dependent on the Town of Lyons for water and sewer. This is a big issue for Lyons, but not for Stone Mountain Lodge.
- Hwy 36 leading to and from Stone Mountain Lodge is currently being repaired by the Army National Guard and newly hired contractors by the State. Mindy and I are working with CDOT and the National Guard regarding the 1,300 feet of road frontage at our property. Highway 36 is a top priority with orders given directly from the Governor of the State of Colorado. The goal is to get the entire road open to Estes Park by December 1. Since the area leading to Stone Mountain Lodge is the first part of the highway that is damaged, it is being worked on first. This is good news for us.
- We are currently working to get better estimates as to when power, gas, and phone will be reconnected.
Please bear with us. This has been a rapidly changing situation, and getting accurate information is difficult. We plan to pass along pertinent information so everyone associated with Stone Mountain Lodge is kept as informed as possible.
We plan to add pictures to our photo gallery soon, and post additional information in the days and weeks to come as we recover from this incredibly historic event.
We also can’t get out of our minds the hardship that our neighbors and fellow lodge and business owners, as well as all the residents of the Lyons area are going through. It is a very emotional time for all of us. Your positive thoughts and prayers are deeply appreciated.Peter and Mindy Owners, Stone Mountain Lodge and Cabins P.S. Please direct all correspondence with the main phone and e-mail address for Stone Mountain Lodge. Please don’t call the owners at their home number. They do not have direct access to the reservations system, and the phone needs to be kept open for communication with utility companies, government agencies, banks, etc. to support our recovery.