Group Lodging Policies

We want all of our guests to have a fabulous stay at Stone Mountain so we try to clarify our policies up front. Here are the Policies specific for Group Lodging reservations and payment. Please review carefully!

Minimum Number of Nights for Groups

  • No minimum stay for Low-Season, typically November through April
  • No minimum stay for groups associated with a booked wedding at Stone Mountain Lodge
  • For stays that include a Friday or Saturday night during Mid-Season and High-Season, there is a minimum stay of 5 nights


Reserving All 21 Units – A 25% non-refundable deposit is due at reservation time. Another 25% non-refundable payment is due 60 days after reservation. The total non-refundable balance of 50% is due 60 days before your arrival.  This is considered as booking the entire lodging portion of the property for exclusive use of your group. If your reservation drops to fewer than 21 units, before your final payment is made, you will no longer have exclusive use of the property.

Both the deposit and the balance will be paid by the Group Coordinator. It is up to the Group Coordinator to collect or not collect funds from the members of the group. The Group Coordinator will provide Stone Mountain Lodge with a full lodging assignment list with names, phone number/email and number of persons (adults and children) per unit, by email, fax or postal mail no later than 30 days prior to the group’s arrival.

The set price for reserving all 21 units allows your group an occupancy per unit that is no greater than the maximum occupancy listed for each unit in the Unit Summary. In other words you can not have 5 adults in a unit that has a maximum occupancy of 4.

  • Whoever makes the deposit will be responsible for the balance of payment.
  • Your accommodations will not be reserved until deposits are received.

Rooming List – The list of which guests will be staying in each unit is due to Stone Mountain Lodge 30 days prior to your arrival. Emailing the list to us is preferred. This rooming list will have the number of guests in each unit, the first and last name of each guest along with at least one email address and phone number per unit. Please also let us know if a pet will be staying in any unit.

Check in Time for Lodging – Please be aware that Check-in time is 4:00 pm. Check-out time is 11:00 am. Along with your group lodging contract, you may designate 2 priority units that we will try hard to have ready by 2pm.

Pet Policy – We accept well-behaved in Cabin 18 and in lodge rooms #12, 14, 15 and 16, for an additional $20/pp/night in the lodge rooms and $30/pp/night in Cabin 18. Please let us know if a member of your group will bring their four-legged companion.

Alcohol -If you are having an event that uses the Reception Tent or you have guests that are not staying at Stone Mountain Lodge and Cabins, you must hire a licensed/insured bartender to serve alcoholic drinks. All alcohol must be poured by the bartender and the bartender must not serve someone who is intoxicated. You may not have a cash bar.

Number of Guests – at the time you make your group reservation, please let us know, as best as you can, the number of adults and children that will be in each unit.

Outside Guests – The invitation of guests that are not lodging at Stone Mountain Lodge must be arranged with Stone Mountain Lodge in advance. If alcohol is served at the Pool or Pond areas, you will need a professional bartender.

Cleaning/Damage Deposit – The group may be charged a $500 deposit depending on their intended use of the property, Reception tent rental, etc. We expect groups to treat the property with respect and be responsible for cleaning up after themselves in the various outside areas. Grounds and facilities cleanup by Stone Mountain staff will be charged at $100/hour. After these hours and any damages are subtracted from the deposit, the remainder will be returned to the group within 2 weeks of their departure.

No smoking is allowed in any unit. A $250 fine will be charged for non compliance.

Minimum stays and date restrictions apply